Thursday, October 20, 2011

First ice



One of Hank Williams Sr. songs, First fall of snow is a sad story of a man dressed in sackcloth, who lost his little girl, he loved every footstep, loved every curl of his little girl.  I can identify with the sentiments of the song, as I lost my little girl, as the sentiments of the song indicate, I too will be with my lil darling someday.
We received our first freeze of the season the other day, the freeze left a glass like formation around the edge of the lake behind my house, with most of the center, open water.  I know that soon, I will be observing children and other folks edging out on the lake to test it, then if there no snow for a little while, I should see and hear the sounds of laughter, screaming, howling and an occasional "Ouch".
     The other day was also the day when I recieved the report that our family member has passed.  As with so many deaths befor him, I took the initial report with unbelief, as I believed our prayers were going to be ansewered, we would witness again him departing the plane, saying "Oh its good to be home".
Yesterday he arrived home, in a casket drapped in Old Glory, witnessing his arrival home, then to see him as the casket was opened, after he was taken to his house, added to the finality of the initial report. 
His passing will leave a very identifying void in our lives, but that void will be filled with the remberance of his life as it unfolded befor us.  As little boys we froliced in the warm sun on the shore, we explored shore and creek, our delight was echoed by our laughter and loud voice.  I know that one day we will again, run, laugh, play and have the time of our lives, all us togather on that heavenly shore.
His passing also left a vivid view for all of us, he was a little over a year younger I and our peers.  No one  know the day or hour when we too must depart this life and enter eternity to be with our Lord forever.
He joins a few others our age, during the past few years, we lost so many. There are no answers to the questions that echoed throught the eons.  We don't know who we be reunited with on that day when we are called, only our Lord Jesus Christ can say to whom He may choose "enter into my rest".
Just as I bring to rememberance the events in our lives as young boys to this day.  I reflect on the positive attributes he had, what attributes he passed to others.  I see the transformation from the anology of the caterpillar, because it is highly possible that he has his beautiful wings.
As we remain here on this place where we chose to live, we too must be as the caterpillar, only eat the things of this earth that will bring you closer the day when we will be transformed with beautiful wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment