Monday, October 17, 2011

Last walk on the beach

The weather has been pretty nasty these past few weeks, it seem like every low pressure fronts keep hitting us with some bad weather, the storm the other day blew my antenna down, now I'm stuck with watching DVDs until I can get a new antenna.  There were a few good days in between the storms, the good sunny days gave me a chance to walk on the beach again, hopefully there will be more good days to walk the beach before the ice and snow forms all over the place.  I walked the beach the other day, I love the walk because it gives me time alone, to think, to contemplate, to ponder, to reminiscence, to talk to my creator.  But the past two walks I've been on were some how different, there was a coldness, a vastness, a something I can't comprehend, even though the view, the scenery, the atmosphere was as it always is, just breathtaking as ever, I found myself in a different frame of mind.  I was taking in the scenery, the fresh sea air, the sounds of the beach, but this time there were no sounds of birds, and I didn't recall the sounds of the surf, or the sights of eagles, it was as if it was a foreign place, I found myself gazing at the rocks on the beach, looking for some "pretty ones".  I normally walk with fundamental joy of the atmosphere and sights, I don't know if the loneliness, , the sense of loss, the feeling of an end of an era or a longing for yester-days gone bye, I don't know, I just knew that there was a difference this time.  This last walk on the beach was uneventful, I came off the beach feeling refreshed from the walk, but there was a void, a missing element. 
As the season draws to an end, so do some events in our lives must come to an end, we mourn over the death of enlighting moments in time, and long for them to be revisited, but as the old fisherman say "time and tide waits for no man".
The fall season was always a good time to enjoy the events as they unfold.  The moose hunt this season was uneventful and unsuccessful, the duck hunt did not happen, even so the season was one to really enjoy and be blessed with. 
I look to see our first snow and the winter to come, I know that the seasons ahead will bring storms and other unpleasant events, but I look beyond the storms and tempticous times, for I truly believe there are even better days ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment